Scroll down and have a look at our portfolio
HUNC is committed to improving the city close to the locals. By creating positive experiences for people to enjoy, to have a smile and to participate in. To achieve this we use place-making. We change generic urban spaces into valuable places.
The benefit of place-making is that it is organized together with the neighbourhood. It is temporary and relatively easy to realize. When a neighbourhood is too complex, when a space has a wider reach than the directly surrounding locals and when a municipality is in doubt about certain improvements, then we use place-testing. Both serve the same goals, use the same techniques only the latter has wider use.
Place-making and place-testing are supplementary to one another.
Benefits of place-making
- creates a sense of belonging to neighbourhood
- improves living conditions for tenants
- creates friendships
- quickly applicable
- small means, great results
Benefits of place-testing
- the same as place-making
- applicable when neighbours have capacity to participate in place-making
- applicable at locations where more people make use of than only locals
- creates a quick positive experience
- brings locals together who otherwise wouldn’t
- gives municipality and housing corporations possibility to start improvements on short notice
- is measurable and results are used for improvements
- shortens distance between drawing board and neighbourhood
- isn’t fixed for the upcoming decennials, but is flexible.
- short term improvements in playing possibilities children
- positive experience of neighbourhood and increases happiness locals